While many things have changed, one thing at Boston Center for Oral Health has remained the same: our constant commitment to your safety.
As you have surely seen during your visits to our office, infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our strict processes have consistently made the care you receive at BCOH both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We continue to closely monitor the recommendations of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
There will be changes at your next visit in addition to our already strict infection control protocols.
- All patients and staff will be prescreened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and will have their temperatures checked.
- Our office will communicate with you ahead of your appointment to ask screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you come in to the office for your visit in addition to taking your temperature.
- When entering the office, you must be wearing a face mask. We will ask you to use hand sanitizer which we will supply. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may be asked to wait in your car and we will call you when we are ready to bring you directly to the treatment area.
- You will be asked to put a credit card on file that we can charge at the end of your visit and email you the receipt in order to limit interactions at the front desk.
- We have adjusted our schedules to reduce the volume of patients we are seeing and allow for social distancing and to provide ample time between patients to ensure rooms are scrupulously disinfected. That might mean that you’re offered slightly limited options for scheduling appointments.
- Under these circumstances, it is of the utmost importance that you are on time for your visits. We have carefully staggered schedule times to control staff and patient movement throughout the office to maintain social distance requirements.
What we’ve done to keep you safe in reopening our office at this unprecedented time:
- We will be spraying down all surfaces after each appointment with a disinfectant, while maintaining safety for patients and staff.
- We placed HEPA filters in the HVAC system that will trap the smallest viruses.
- We have placed a Surgically Clean Air™ unit in the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
If you need to call us to discuss your dental treatment or to treat your sleep apnea – now is a great time to start this process – give us a call!
Stay healthy, wash your hands and enjoy your family – you are likely to be spending more time with them!
Stay safe, we can’t wait to see you again!
-The Team at BCOH