Cosmetic dentistry can mean different things to different people. Encompassing changes from veneers and dental implants to teeth whitening and more, the overarching goal of any cosmetic dentistry procedure is to create a positive change to your teeth and your smile. At Boston Center for Oral Health, our Back Bay dental practice is home to a team of experienced cosmetic dentists, offering a wide range of procedures from minor enhancements to major, functional or aesthetic corrections. In this blog, we’ll explain some of the latest cosmetic dentistry options we offer in Boston.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to dental work that improves the appearance of a person’s teeth, gums or bite. In most cases, it’s specifically focused on improving the aesthetics of one’s teeth – such as the shape, size, alignment/position or color of teeth. While cosmetic dentistry is not an officially recognized dental specialty by the American Dental Association (ADA), it is related to a number of well-established dental specialties, including prosthodontics, orthodontics, endodontics and periodontics. Boston Center for Oral Health is home to a team of dentists that includes experienced doctors in each of these four specialty areas.
What can a cosmetic dentist do for me?
A Boston cosmetic dentist can:
- Change the shape, size and alignment of certain teeth
- Fill in spaces between teeth
- Improve or correct a person’s bite
- Lighten or brighten the color of teeth
- Repair decayed, broken, cracked or chipped teeth
- Replace missing teeth
- Replace old dental restorations
What are some of the latest cosmetic dentistry offerings in Boston?
The field of dentistry has seen many advances in recent years. New innovations have made many smile enhancements and tooth restorations less involved to perform and, in some cases, faster to achieve. Some of the latest cosmetic dentistry options offered at Boston Center for Oral Health include the following:
- Teeth whitening – At Boston Center for Oral Health, patients looking to lighten and brighten the color of their natural tooth enamel have access to Zoom! teeth whitening products. The in-office treatment is a quick and effective whitening option that can whiten a patient’s teeth by up to eight shades in just one visit. The procedure involves the dentist applying a special gel to your teeth, which is activated using a special light. Patients enjoy deep stain removal and significant whitening on natural teeth without the negative side effect of tooth sensitivity. At-home whitening kits are also available. Learn more >
- Same-day dental crowns – Patients needing a permanent crown to fix a broken or decayed tooth, fractured filling or following a root canal, have access to same-day crowns thanks to a cutting-edge technology called Crown-in-a-Day that’s offered at Boston Center for Oral Health. Our digital dentistry “PlanScan” device allows a patient to walk out of our office with a permanent crown that’s designed, fabricated and placed – all during the span of one visit. Learn more >
- Dental implants – Patients dealing with one or more missing teeth may opt for dental implants as a way to restore and improve proper bite function and a confident smile. In some cases, dental implants may be used to support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable. Learn more >
- Invisalign – Today, patients of all ages can achieve straight teeth and confident smiles with a clear alternative to braces called Invisalign. Boston Center for Oral Health is designated as a “Premier” level provider of the treatment, which uses a series of clear, virtually invisible aligners that gradually and gently shift your teeth into place over the course of several months. Learn more >
Despite these new innovations, in some cases, traditional cosmetic dental procedures may still be the best approach. Our experienced Boston dentists provide the full gamut of these types of procedures, including porcelain crowns, veneers and fixed bridges. In addition, our in-house orthodontist offers braces and retainers, along with Invisalign. No matter what the cosmetic procedure, patients can expect individualized and expert care from start to finish in our state-of-the-art office.
Where can I find the best cosmetic dentists in Boston?
If you are considering a cosmetic dental procedure in Boston to enhance or restore the natural beauty of your smile, the top cosmetic dentists at Boston Center for Oral Health are here to help. With our patient-focused approach, tech-savvy office and our steadfast commitment to patient comfort, you can be sure that you’ll achieve results that give you something to smile about.
To learn more about our cosmetic dentistry offerings or to book a consultation, you can get started by filling out the appointment request form right on this page or by contacting our office today. We look forward to helping you achieve a confident and naturally beautiful smile!